Friday 29th January 2021

Good morning everyone

It’s Friday again!

What a grey, wet and miserable day it was yesterday but there was some great work going on.

I saw some people in the French lesson, Kian, Domonic and Jamai – it was lovely to see you. I think Estee, Zina, Zahraa and Daniel were there too but I couldn’t see you. That doesn’t matter though the main thing is that you were there. Did you enjoy it?

I also saw that Domonic, Estee, Kemarrah and Kian completed the Area Challenge with full marks – Great Job you four. Great work by Zina who came along and did both Area Tasks in one day and Jamai who remembered to do the one he hadn’t done previously. I’ve assigned the challenge to you 2 now.

I could see that 5 people watched the Set 1 answers and 5 people watched the set 2 answers yesterday. Let’s see if we can impress Mrs Thorpe with more people today.

Here are today’s questions

Set 1.

1. 6472+528
  2. 6472 – 528
  3. Find 2/6 of 24
  4. 163 X 5
  5. 7/10 + 3/10

Set 2

1. 9/10 + 6/10
  2. 9/10 – 6.10
  3. One whole one minus two thirds
  4. Two whole ones plus three tenths
  5. 1 million subtract 673,941

Maths

Please make sure that you have done both of these tasks

Area of a rectangle Lesson Slides

Area of a rectangle Video Tutorial

If you’ve done both now I have assigned you the

Area of a rectangle maths Challenge

If you have done the Challenge – this is only Kemarrah, Estee, Domonic and Kian then here is a new task to have a go at

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/calculate-and-compare-the-area-of-rectangles-using-square-metres-m-c9j64t

Reading

Did you listen to the next part of our story yesterday? I can see that 10 people did – Good. If you didn’t, go back to yesterday’s blog , click the link and listen to it now – then come back to this page.

Please listen to the beginning of the story again, here it is

Do you remember this?

Now listen to the next part of the story

Now stop and do the task, find someone and tell them what has happened to Billy during the story. Do you remember the wilderness? Aunty May? The horrible teacher? Billy’s stutter? The Swan? What happened to Billy’s stutter? What happened to the mother fox? The girl with the bike? The poachers? Hearing the mouth organ being played?

Use these questions to help you through the story. When you have retold the story listen to the final few pages.

Did you enjoy that?

Was the ending what you expected?

Can you think of a different way the story could have ended? Please write at least 5 sentences.

If you have time please write down the answers to these three questions and then send them to me. If you have run out of time that’s ok don’t worry, the main thing is that you have heard the story to the end.

To finish off this morning or to save and do this afternoon, here is a wellbeing activity to do. You can do it by yourself or ask an adult to do it with you – it will be good for them too!

Don’t forget to keep up with your Wellbeing Diary over the weekend.

We hope you have a good couple of days rest and that you and your families keep safe and well.

From Miss Morgan and Mrs Bentley