Tuesday 19th January 2021

Good morning

We hope that you and your families are well and that you enjoyed your tasks yesterday.

Please complete your wellbeing diary for yesterday before you do anything else.

How did you do with Fluent in 5, I know of one person who fell into the heffalump trap – did you?

Click this to find out

Here are todays Fluent in 5

1. 379 x 24
  2. 379 divided by 24
  3. Find 3/8 of 24
  4. 16 divided by 8
  5. 379 x 24 circle 543 x 17……………………….can you remember what goes in the circle?

Maths

I was especially pleased to see that these people did the maths work yesterday:- Ava-Rose, Chardonnae, Domonic, Eryn, Estee, Jamai, Kemarrah, Kian and Sumaya. Well done to these people give yourself 2 bonus points. Today you are free to choose what you would like to do for your maths time, something you haven’t done on classroom secrets kids or TT Rock Stars – your choice. EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE DO SOME OF THE PERIMETER WORK.

Literacy

Did you enjoy listening to the story? I hope so.

Did you find out what the tricky words meant? Click on this link to find out.

I would like you to make a list of words that you would use to describe travelling along a canal on a barge. What do you think it would be like? Watch the first few minutes of this clip to give you an idea of the sorts of things you might see. Remember this film is speeded up so it would all go by much more slowly. What do you think you would be able to hear or smell?

6 words to describe what you might see

6 words to describe what you might hear

6 words to describe what you might smell

(You can do more if you have lots of good ideas) Send a picture of your lists to me I’d love to see the words that you have chosen.

Check your spellings on line or with a grown up and then copy each word 3 times neatly as handwriting practise.

Art and DT

Design your own barge.

What would you like to have on your barge? What facilities would you need? How many rooms do you need? Would it be large and luxurious or small and cosy? Please draw (a colour if you’d like to) a picture of your barge ( Don’t forget to give her a name – boats are always female and often have a name painted on the bow. Can you remember where the bow is?) Then draw a cross section, like we did with our houses showing what the inside would be like.

We are going to have a live French lesson on Thursday so no French today.

If you feel like you want to keep being busy you can always go back to previous blog pages and do activities that were posted on other days. Have a look and see if anything takes your fancy.

Keep safe and keep busy

Miss Morgan and Mrs Bentley